Sunday, December 12, 2010

6/20/1953 Sadie Erwin to Jeannie Dahlstrom

Sadie at P.O. Box 44, Enumclaw
Jeannie at 907 29th Ave S., Minneapolis

Dear Jeannie,

Your nice letter came yesterday and I was very happy to hear from you, and to hear you girls are having such a nice time.

I have intended writing you and Ruthie a letter all the week, but each day is so full I have kept putting it off for another day.

We are still having a lot of rain, and it is not hot here. You will be glad to come home and sleep under a blanket at night.

Aunt Ruth, Gary and I went down to Bellevue, Thursday. Aunt Stella gave me a permanent. My hair is real curly now.

Your mother, Daddy and Gail came home that day from their fishing trip up at Neah Bay. We had some of the salmon your mother caught. It was oh so good.

I have another old nickel for you. When you come home will come down to see you. Perhaps we can meet your train. We miss you girls a lot, and the house seems funny with just Gail there.

Grandpa and I plan to go up to the cabin after work tomorrow if the weather is nice. We will be thru work at 5 o’clock. Aunt Helen said they might come up tomorrow too.

Give my best wishes to your Grandma and all the folks there. I’ll write again before you leave.

Much love to you and Ruthie,

Grandma Erwin

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading