Wednesday, October 29, 2008

386 2/25/1939 Gladys Dahlstrom to Helen Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Hotel Guyon, 4000 Washington Blvd, Chicago, Illinois
Saturday, February 25, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Helen,
Thanks for your nice letter. I’m sure sorry you feel as though you can’t come down but I know how it is. I really think we will be down here again next year so maybe you can come then. If we don’t get in the playoffs we will be in Minneapolis in just 3 weeks. We expect to stay there for a couple of weeks and then go west. I will have to spend as much time with you as possible so I can tell you all about this winter.
I understand you have had some real cold weather. It has been down to around 10 and 12 above here but that isn’t half bad.
We girls sure do keep busy. Some of us joined the Mid-West Athletic Club. We take gym every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Also play badminton, take steam baths and go swimming. Tuesday nights we take tap dancing and Friday afternoon we take swing lessons. No wonder I never find time to write letters. I am also making an afghan.
Polly was over last Wednesday night for a while. Hulger does something or other that night so she comes over here.
Cully has been playing good. In fact, he has 6 points in the last 5 games. The team has lost a lot, though, and may not even get in the playoffs.
How is Elmer? Do you get to see him often? Do you ever see Helen and Virg? Are you almost through with your shorthand and do you feel as though you are learning a lot this time. It would be swell if you could land a good job.
The boys came in on the 5 o’clock train last night. I met Cully at the station. We came home, cleaned up and went out to dinner. We sure do have a lot of fun. Cully is just swell and we get along fine. I hope we come back here next winter because I like Chicago very much. Now that I’m more acquainted it will be even better.
I must write to the folks and then do some ironing so will close. Try to write soon and I’ll let you know when we will be coming home. Hope you are feeling fine.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading