Thursday, December 4, 2008

691 6/15/1953 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Carl Dalhstrom Realty, Box 511, Bellevue, Washington
Monday, June 15, 1953
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother,
My girl came today to stay with Gail so I am at the office helping out. Yesterday we had our open house and though we did not sell it we had a lot of people come to look and they seemed to like it a lot.
Cully and I are going to try to leave tomorrow afternoon for Neah Bay and stay until Thursday. Helen will take Gail for us.
We haven’t heard from our girls yet but should get some word today. We keep wondering how they are getting along. I am sure that they are having a wonderful time.
I am enclosing a letter that we feel would be okay for you to rewrite and send to the Phillips. If you think of anything that should be added do so but keep a copy of what you change. Otherwise my letter will be our carbon. You will notice I did not ask them to go up to Enumclaw nor did I mention anything about you folks coming down here to see them. There is no reason why it cannot be worked out by writing.
Helen is just crazy about her buffet. I think it is real nice too. She is busy working in Jim’s room today. I haven’t seen Stella but will drive up to her house after while. All the salesmen are out to lunch now so I have to hold down the fort until someone gets back.
If for some reason or other we do not go to Neah Bay, I will come up to Enumclaw toward the end of the week. Jim and Ruth said something about coming down to stay overnight and play golf too. I guess they can still come whether we are home or not. There are always part of the gang around.
It is a beautiful day here today. Suppose it is there too.
More soon. I hope you get an early answer from the Phillips and that their monthly payments shall start right away and be enough to make it worthwhile. Every little bit will help.
Here comes a customer so I will have to close.
Love, Gladys
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Phillips:
Mr. Dahlstrom has just informed us that present circumstances seem to make it impossible for you to pay us for the lot we deeded to you. It came as a surprise and shock as we have been counting on an early payoff. Mr. Dahlstrom also intimated that you planned to pay us on a monthly basis until such time as you could clear it out. Please write and let us know what your new plan for payment will be. Mr. Dahlstrom has assured us again that you are honorable but only in strained circumstances. We trust Mr. Dahlstrom so explicitly that we must try not to be concerned about this matter, though naturally we are disappointed to not be getting our money now.
You may either send your checks directly to us or leave them with the Dahlstrom Realty. They will give you a receipt. They are taking care of other Real Estate in Bellevue for us so perhaps that would be best.
Please let us hear from you as soon as possible.
Sincerely,

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading