Saturday, October 25, 2008

301 1/18/1937 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Monday, January 18, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
I suppose you are wondering how Helen is. Well, she is just fine and went back to work this morning. She stayed home Friday and then her department didn't have to work Saturday so she stayed in bed most of the day and by night was back to normal.
Yesterday morning we didn't get up quite in time to go to church like we wanted to - but did put on our snow suits and went for a nice hike. It was 10 above zero. We ate our dinner on 38th & Nicollet and then walked home. We felt just swell.
Saturday night Cully and I went skating at Nicollet Field and then to see, "Dodsworth." It is a very good show. We were home at 11:30. Then yesterday afternoon we saw, "The Great Ziegfeld." I liked that very much too. I didn't go to the game last night but will this week Thursday to see them play here in Minneapolis.
It is loads of fun to skate. I think I will go over for a while again tonight. It is 10 below zero now but supposed to get warmer. I always wear a lot of clothes anyway and then won't stay very long.
Tomorrow night I am going out to Jensens to play contract. Wednesday I am going down to the "Y" and bowl with girls from the office. Thursday night is the game. Friday I'll stay home and Saturday night Helen's gang is having a sleigh ride party out to the Black Cat. They have invited Cully and me. There will be 20 of us. We ride for 2 hours and then go back there and eat and dance the rest of the evening. It should be fun. I certainly have a variety of things to do. I like the fresh air and the exercise most because that's what I need. I still eat like a pig - just can't get enough. I weigh [1]20 lbs as yet and want to stay there only take my hips down a bit.
I'm so glad about Stella's work. She has certainly been taken care of. How much will she get at the creamery? Does Mrs. Magnusen still work there?
It was nice of Mrs. Stone to write to Jimmie too. She always did like him. I bet she'd be surprised if she could see him now.
We still can't seem to find a place to move to so can do nothing but stay where we are. I'm not going to give notice until we know that we can find something we would like. It is too hard work to move very often.
Bill likes Philadelphia and his new job very much. He has been writing real nice letters too.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading