Friday, November 28, 2008

783 10/15/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio
Tuesday, October 15, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert & Jim,
It is another beautiful fall day. The work is all done up, so I'll write to you folks and read the lesson while Roma rests for a while. She is up so much during the night. Ben sleeps most of the day.
Elizabeth called from Detroit last night. I talked with her too. She hopes to be able to come down this weekend to see me and the folks.
The railroad goes by the place here. Nothing but freight trains, but lots of those and most of them are hauling coal.
Eleanor's little girl, Dorothea, will be coming from school before long. Then I will get her to mail this letter. She is a nice little girl about 7 years old, I should say.
Roma says their grocery man has a sign, "Do not ask for short articles. We keep them for our regular customers." He is good to Roma and lets her have the things she needs for Ben. They have the same articles short here that we do. Butter 90¢, eggs from the farmer are 60¢, milk 17¢ and bread 14¢.
Tell Stella I'll write to her soon.
Love, Mother.
P.S. Frank sent books to Ben running down C.S. even when he was in the hospital. Some times I think I pass them by.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading