Friday, November 28, 2008

127 3/11/1947 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Box 10, Shoreland Drive, Bellevue, Washington
Tuesday, March 11, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother:
It was very nice to hear from you, especially since we did not get up there this weekend. We worked again and it looks like we will have to next weekend too. We had quite a few people looking at real estate and we sold one nice view lot so it was all worthwhile. This business is almost as exciting as hockey. I have been getting some more good listings too which is always good.
Tonight Cully is working on my cupboards. They are really coming along good and beginning to look like we will be finished some day.
I enjoyed reading Helen's letter and am returning it to you. Also you will find a check enclosed for $13.87 plus the $2.00 I wasn't able to pay you on the groceries last week - for a total of $15.87.
I will be glad to have all you line up for me for rugs or quilts. I plan to get started soon.
Our carnival was this last Friday so the balloons are a little late but thank you just the same. We had a big crowd even if the weather was just terrible. Of course the kids all had a lot of fun. I was glad to get it over as it was a lot of work for some of us.
Hope Gary is better. Tell the kids to put him on this other formula anyway if it doesn't work out on Carnation. Lots of babies do better on something else. Jeanie sure straightened out on the orange juice and cow's milk and so did Marian Dahl's little girl. A lady in Chicago had a baby that cried and cried and had so much gas and she kept calling the doctor and he said the baby was fine and not to change the formula. After the little thing cried for a week straight she put her on the acid formula that I told her about and then all was wonderful. At any rate if Gary doesn't have normal bowel movements there is something wrong with his diet.
Come down when you can. I will try to get up every once in a while to spend a day. I really enjoy it and get a much better visit then when I try to see you on our way to or from the cabin. We hope to get up there too soon.
Hello to everyone. Tell Stella to come down too if she can. I'm wondering what the kids decided as to when they will have the housewarming for Houstie and Bernice?
Thanks for letting me use your charge account at Rhodes. Maybe we can go in again before Christmas.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading