Thursday, November 27, 2008

808 5/17/1946 Ben Close to Sadie Erwin

Ben Close
Alexandria, Ohio
Friday, May 17, 1946
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Sister and All,
I am very much ashamed for not writing before this. Jimmie must be home now. I came home the 23rd of March. Frank and Anna were here the last week of April. Elizabeth was here for the last day that they were. That was the first time I had seen Frank since I came to Ohio in '14. Ruth and Clarence are trying to get located but are still here with us. The little fellows are plenty lively.
Roma and I are both reading and studying C. S., go to church at Newark. I am taking treatment from a practitioner. Regained my weight rapidly. My strength is a little slower. My general condition is improving and the hangover from the operation is beginning to ease up some. (A numbness in right hand. Thick scale on head, in and behind ears that peels off like a snow storm.) This scale about sets me afire with its itching.
Wet weather has kept us from getting in all our garden and not much has been worked.
I am very grateful to you for steering me up against C. S. and am in hopes that I will soon be able to break away completely from my long period of neglect of God. Goodby and do some really positive right thinking.
Yours with love, Ben

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading