Saturday, October 25, 2008

295 1/3/1937 Louisa Erwin to Gladys Erwin

Louisa Erwin
St. Peter, Minnesota
Sunday, January 03, 1937
Gladys Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Gladys and Helen,
I thank you very much for remembering me and sending me presents and a nice card. I had a nice card from your mother and family. It is nice to be remembered but I am so slow to write, it is nice to know that you are near to me. I like my apron very much and hanky too. Dahlberg girls gave me a woolen slip and 2 pair of stockings. 3 of the girls were home for Christmas.
Mr. And Mrs. Dahlberg celebrated their golden wedding the 20th of December. They had open house in the afternoon, about 70 people called. Some came and some went, we served coffee and cake and then we had xmas, so we kept busy for a while.
I might get a chance to go and see Mary and Ruth after a while if we all keep well.
Blumbergs were here in the fall. They asked about you. Dahlbergs did not go to Minneapolis this summer.
Love to you both, Grandmother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading