Tuesday, November 4, 2008

441 3/5/1942 Sadie Erwin to Helen Carlson

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Thursday, March 05, 1942
Helen Carlson
Box 582 Newburyport, Massachusetts

My dear Helen,
This will be just a hurried note. I have been over to Stella’s mending this afternoon. She gave me a lovely little baby book to send you. Bernice had three given to her, so Stella used one for Sandra and this third one she wants you to have.
Mrs. Swain came to see me yesterday. It has been a long time since we have had a good visit. Even yesterday Mr. Swain came after her before we had gotten fairly started with our talk.
I had a letter from Lilly yesterday. She invited me down to have lunch with her tomorrow. Of course I am going.
This morning I went out to read with Mrs. Radcliffe. The weeks go by so fast.
Mrs. Martel is coming up Saturday. Hope she does not plan to stay here long for it is very hard for me to have company over the weekend. Saturday evening I go through my whole lesson to see it is all marked correctly and for a last minute check up. Sunday morning I do very little around here so would not want to have company to wait on.
I’ll write a better letter tomorrow night.
Much love, Mother.
P.S. Your letter came yesterday.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading