Monday, October 27, 2008

335 9/6/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
1912 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minn.
Tuesday, September 06, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Selma and I are both home tonight and are going to go to bed early. I had planned to go to the fair tonight with Peaches and Chuck but it rained all day and wasn’t a bit nice out so I didn’t feel like going. I’m glad I’m staying home tonight.
Mother, I’m sending your birthday present tomorrow and also Jimmy’s reeds. I’m going to send Jimmie some money for the fair next Tuesday and he will get it in plenty of time. I got the reeds up on Eighth and Hennepin and there were several music stores but I couldn’t find the Blacksted’s store.
Eden gets out of the hospital Thursday or Friday and then is going to be over at her mother’s house for a week. Selma and I get along swell.
Saturday Gladys is having the girls out to her place that were at the shower Della gave for her. I might stay all night but I haven’t told Gladys that yet. I’m going to have another set of those pictures developed this week and will send them out. Did you folks have a nice weekend? If you were up at the cabin as you had planned you were sure to. I hope Stella and the baby are feeling fine again now. I sent grandma’s letter to Waseca in care of Bill Matz. Is that address right.
Mother, have you thought any more about coming here this Fall. I will certainly do everything to help you come. It would be swell if you and Pop and Jim could all come. Mrs. Bush is all excited about meeting you folks next summer. I told her I was going to be there too and she thinks we will have a lot of fun.
Selma is tearing out the lining of her coat and just said she wished you were here, mother, to show her how to do it.
I can go to night school this winter on the company. I have to make a C average and it won’t cost me a thing. I really should learn shorthand.
I should write to Elmer tonight but think I will fix my hair and go to bed instead.
Bill Corl goes with Betty Martin all the time now. She always has liked him. She teaches school in Anoka so had to go back last night. Anoka is only about 15 miles from Minneapolis so she comes home every weekend.
Wednesday morning
I didn’t seal this last night because I thought I would write a little more this morning. Last night Selma and I were in bed before ten. We’re going to stay home tonight too.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading