Monday, October 27, 2008

326 6/6/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Monday, June 06, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Another week gone by. Cully and I will be married a month tomorrow. We found a cottage at Deep Haven Saturday that we like real well. We are going over to talk to the lady tonight and think we will take it. Most all we’ve seen rent for $100.00 for the season – furnished. This one hasn’t much in it so we talked her down to $75. We are going to use an ice box that the lady next door has in her garage. We will take one of Mrs. Dahlstrom’s beds and a couple of chairs and I think we can fix it up real nice. I have my dishes and silver, iron, etc. The blanket you gave us will certainly come in handy. We were glad to have our bedding on the trip too. A few nights we didn’t need it but usually we had to or else preferred to.
The temperature was around 60 today so rather cool.
Elmer will move us out in his truck – probably tomorrow night. We will be about 2 blocks from a dandy swimming beach. The lake is real nice there and is supposed to have lots of fish. We will find tht out later. It is only 8 miles from Hopkins where Cully works so will not be a bad drive.
Vi takes her vacation a week from next Saturday and might spend a few days with me. I’ll be glad because it might get kind of lonesome out there alone.
I saw Helen yesterday and gave her my letter from you. I was surely glad to hear from you. Thanks for sending the pictures. If you get more for yourself I wonder if you could get 1 each for Cully’s mother? I think they are real good.
You sent me your hankie so I’m returning it. I have mine.
I’ll write Mrs. Schweikl as soon as we get out to the lake.
Went to a show Sat. night. Saw Paul Muni in, “Black Fury.” It was good.
More soon.
Love, Gladys
I’ll let you know what our address will be.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading