Thursday, October 23, 2008

257 3/11/1936 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wednesday, March 11, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Being Wednesday we didn't hear from you today. We miss not hearing from you. I worked all day today and am going back tomorrow.
Yesterday was just like spring but tonight there is just a terrible blizzard out. It snowed all day and there is an awful strong wind out now. Do you miss our swell weather? I can't wait until it turns nice.
Gladys wrote to Grandma today and I am going to write some to her too before she mails the letter. I remember when we lived on the ranch I wrote to Grandma a lot and she always answered my letters.
Tonight Wally washed the dishes and Laurence (Adeline's brother) and I dried them. I always eat too much though. You probably won't know me when you see me because I'll be so fat.
Stella, the Harlem Breakfast Club has been closed down and a lot of those places.
Gee, all I can hear is wind blowing. It's about 9 o'clock and I'm all ready for bed. I stayed downstairs and listened to Fred Allen but could hardly keep my eyes opened so am glad to have the chance to get to bed early.
I've been just hoping Adeline and Wally would go out tomorrow night because I want to have Eden and Wally and Elmer over. Somebody just called up now and Adeline and Wally are going over there tomorrow night. Can you keep all these Wallys straight?
Well I guess I'll stop now but I always hate to seal the envelope before I have to so maybe in the morning I'll have time to write a note.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading