Wednesday, October 22, 2008

753 4/21/1929 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Sunday, April 21, 1929
Albert Erwin
2206 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Albert,
Well, here it is Sunday evening. We did not hear from you yesterday but there will surely be a letter tomorrow from you.
I went to church and Sunday school today. Claude and Mrs. Prentice asked about you. Mrs. Prentice wanted to know when you were coming back. I said in July. She said, "good, I am so glad." I told her only to get us. She then said, "Oh, but we are not going to let you folks go." Then Mr. Van Hoof came along and asked very kindly about you. They all make me feel that they would be glad if we were to change our minds about going away.
Helen and Stella were at Walter Grasse's last night. Got 0.60. Gladys got a dollar from Millers Friday night. She has earned more this past 6 weeks than she has in all winter. She has brought her memory book for 1.75. Has money saved for announcements and cards, 2.75. Will help out with her pictures. Then next month try to earn for her annual and to have her spring coat cleaned.
Gladys and George went to a dance last night.
It was nice this morning but rained hard last night and this afternoon.
Saturday we were talking about you, as we do most of the time. I told the girls if I had 75.00 I would take the night train from Auburn for Minneapolis. I even planned to cook your supper Tuesday evening and have Mrs. Truax call you up and tell you to hurry home from work. Then bang, the bottom fell out of our daydream for the girls decided I had to be here to get Gladys ready for the senior play and to graduate. So it didn't really matter whether I had $75.00 last Saturday or not.
Mrs. Krause told me this morning that they would not be moving away as they had planned. They have gotten a place out in Wabash district. She is very happy over it as she has not wanted to leave here at all.
Stella went lily picking this afternoon with Eagons. They perfume the whole house. (Meaning the lilies)
There does not seem to be anything to write about only to say, we miss you and will be glad when we are all together again.
With lots of love, Sadie.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading