Thursday, December 4, 2008

695 7/29/1969 Gail Dahlstrom to Helen Carlson

Gail Dahlstrom
Kansas City, Missouri
Tuesday, July 29, 1969
Helen Carlson
2825-98th Ave NE, Bellevue, Washington

Dear Aunt Helen,
I’m sorry I haven’t written sooner but I’ve been so busy lately. Thank you for your nice letter. I really wish I could get home soon to talk with you and everyone. I’ve got so much planning to do and I’ll need tons of help. I’m so happy that you approve. We will, of course, have a long engagement as we’ve decided to wait until Greg graduates and I go international (hopefully next summer). So, we’re going to set a tentative date in next August.
I had a wonderful time in San Fran with the Wilcox’s. Kerry was home too so that made it extra fun. She loves her fashion college in Miami and will graduate this next year as it is only a 2 year school.
I’ve done several special assignments for TWA. Over the Fourth of July I was working at the Terminal and met Pat Paulsen and Barry Goldwater. Last Friday I went to Northwest Missouri State University and had to make 2 speeches on “The Life of a Flight Hostess”. I couldn’t believe they asked me to do it!! I do like flying but sure wish I could get transferred to San Fran in the fall. I’m eligible on October 9 but it will probably be closed so I may be STUCK in K. C. for a long time – I sure hope not!!
How is Uncle Elmer, Aunt Stella, Mary, and everyone? If not next month, I’ll come home the end of September for sure. I saved a publicity picture of me for you and will send it next time I write.
Well, I have to go now but thanks again for writing and do say hi to the family for me!
Love Always, Gail

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading