Sunday, November 9, 2008

772 6/27/1943 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Nortonia Hotel, Portland, Oregon
Sunday, June 27, 1943
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert,
It is just 10:30 and I have just now finished the last of my reading and paper I must turn in tomorrow.
I got up this morning a little before nine for I read until after one o'clock this A.M. I got ready for church and left the room at ten to go out for breakfast on my way to church. At the desk they gave me your letter, so was very glad to have it to read while I waited for breakfast.
I came home from church, ate some fruit and rolls, thinking I would go out this evening for dinner, but didn't. Ate some stuff I had left, and have kept at my work all the afternoon and evening.
Let Stella read my letters. I'll surely try to write to her and Gladys tomorrow.
Mr. Seeley has brought out that it is up to each one of us to get all we can from his teaching.
I had thought yesterday I might take a street car and go out to the city park. The day has been lovely and I was tempted very much to do so when I came from church, but now I am glad I didn't.
Thanks for sending me Reba Armstrong's letters and the card from Ralph. It was nice of them to write.
There must be a fire station near here for I hear the sirens every little while night and day. At first I thought about this place and wondered just how I'd get down from the fifth floor. I am getting used to it now though.
Hope the boys got a lot of fish and you had some to take home with you.
No Helen or Jim have not written to me here. I told them not to anyway. Perhaps there will be some letters from them tomorrow.
I must put my hair up on curlers and go to bed.
With love, Sadie.
You can address me as Mrs. A. J. Erwin if you want to.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading