Tuesday, November 25, 2008

627 6/27/1944 Gladys Dahlstrom to Albert Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
9007 South Elizabeth, Chicago, Illinois
Tuesday, June 27, 1944
Albert Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Pop,
Mother left last night after 6 nice days of having her with us. The only trouble with it was the heat. It sure has been hot. I do hope she is out of it by now. At 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon it was 99°. Today is just as bad so I couldn’t wish her to stay in this heat but otherwise certainly would like to have had her longer. I just hope that before so long the both of you can come back (in the fall). How I would like to be going west right now with Mother.
Your last letter came a week ago today. The morning of the day that Mother arrived. I bet you will be glad to have her home again. We didn’t do one single thing while she was here except work. She mended so many of Ruthie’s and my clothes and fixed a couple pants and a coat for Cully besides making my kitchen curtains and 2 curtains for doors.
Maybe she would anyway but have Mother check up on her return ticket that she wants a refund on as soon as she arrives in Tacoma. They will probably take the ticket and send her the money later. Otherwise she might have to make a special trip in.
I’m anxious to hear what you decided to do about changing jobs. The Auburn deal sure sounds good and would make a lot less driving.
I meant to send you at least a card for your anniversary but slipped my mind. Mother thought of it the day after she came while we were in Lincoln Park.
Ruthie is playing under the hose with some of the neighbor kids. It will help cool them off a little bit anyway.
I will write again this weekend after Beryl and Glenn have been here.
I sure hope Mother got a seat and on an air-conditioned car out of Chicago.
Love to all, Gladys
Cully is out mowing the lawn. It is a real job the grass is so long.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading