Friday, November 28, 2008

147 5/11/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Sunday, May 11, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I was awfully glad to get your letter. I had one from Stella yesterday and will write to her Monday night as we decided to do. The weather has finally warmed up and it is beautiful out today. After dinner Elmer and I and the kids are going out to Excelsior. The amusement park is open so they will have fun. I had planned to go to church today but Mrs. Carlson wanted to go so I stayed here to get dinner because we want to leave right after work.
I am getting along fine here, although so far I haven't been at the house very much. Just between Mabel, Eden and Selma I am kept busy and then at night we usually go out for a while. I haven't called many friends yet but have plenty of time to do that.
This week Mabel and I and a neighbor girl of hers are going to start sewing. Mabel is going to help me make a lot of summer clothes for Mary and Jimmy.
Next Sunday we plan to go down to see the Erwins. I will mail a card to Aunt Ruth tomorrow to see if it is o.k. Elmer doesn't work on Saturdays so we have nice weekends.
Friday night I had Kenny and Johnny Hinch over to play bridge and I had a lunch afterwards.
I could use those black shoes for house shoes if they aren't too clumsy to wrap. I couldn't find a single corner for them in my suitcase. I also left Jimmy's suit coat. If it isn't in your closet maybe I left it at Glad's. Over the radio they are just telling about a storm in Seattle. Did you get any of it?
Elmer and the kids have gone out to our house to change some stakes. They hope to get busy on it right away.
Today is Mother's Day and also Glad's birthday. Wish I were spending it in Enumclaw. Elmer says we will probably get out there some time. He has a good job here and likes it and is learning a lot.
Well Folks I better stop and will mail this when we go out. I miss you all but it shouldn't be so long before I see you again.
Bob gave me this stationary and another box too.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading