Tuesday, October 21, 2008

756 2/14/1929 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Thursday, February 14, 1929
Albert Erwin
2206 Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota

[isolated page; estimated date]

Stella. If that is the case our girls are going to feel behind most of them.
I did not go to Radcliff’s tonight to hear the lecture tonight. While Helen was curling my hair Mrs. Smith came for the girls. So I let them go. Gladys is home studying and I thought it a good time to write to you. Jimmie has gone to bed in Gladys’ room.
I had a lovely letter from Jeanette today. Said she was nearly as glad as I am that I am moving back to Minneapolis. Said she would come to Minneapolis soon to see me. Enumclaw and Minneapolis seem like two different worlds, they are so different and I seem to belong to both of them. Can you understand what I mean?
Yes, Helen passed in everything and seems to be getting along fine in school. She is supposed to take spelling this year but they are too crowded n Junior High so have taken the best spellers out and will give them their credit without taking it and Helen is one. I really don’t know whether it is the best thing for Helen after all though, for she certainly would learn something more about spelling if she was taking it than she is this way.
Do you realize all those years the weather man mentioned in his report, that we were right there too? Jan. 1912 Gladys was just a baby.
The girls think it would be fine to have some valentines from Minneapolis to give away. If you do send some do not pay more than a cent each.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading