Thursday, November 6, 2008

734 10/8/1942 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
1705 North 4th, Monroe, Louisiana
Thursday, October 08, 1942
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

1705 N. 4th St., Monroe, Louisiana
Dear Folks,
I had a nice letter from you yesterday and thanks for the address of the defense plant. Elmer is going to write to them. I’m kind of tired tonight so am going to bed in just a few minutes. Tomorrow afternoon I’m having a little party for Mrs. Haugeto, since they are leaving. There will be six of us and we’re going to play the re-kop game. For refreshments I’m going to have tuna fish salad, potato chips, pickles and olives and rolls and coca colas.
Our weather now is swell. The days are real warm, but not uncomfortable and the nights are quite cool. Everyone says it will be like this most of the winter.
I guess I’ll have to finish this in the morning, folks, because Jimmie hasn’t gone to sleep after all.
Morning
Last night we were in bed by 9:30 and this morning the alarm rang at 4:30 because the clock had gained so much and I forgot to turn it back last night but I stayed up. I have the house pretty well cleaned up now and the diapers out and after I give Jimmie his bath and feed him I’m going to make the salad. Mrs. Young is going to take care of Jimmie this afternoon. She always takes him for long walks in his buggy and keeps him outside all afternoon. He can hold his bottle of orange juice by himself now.
Say Mom, he spits up all the time and an awful lot comes up. Is that on account of getting teeth or could it be something wrong with my milk.
I had a nice letter from Mrs. Ellsworth yesterday and she said she didn’t think she would be able to come to Monroe. She said maybe later on she would be able to. I would liked to have seen her.
The mailman will be coming any minute so will hurry and get this in the box but will write a better letter next time.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading