Wednesday, December 3, 2008

243 7/14/1949 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Carl Dalhstrom Realty, Box 511, Bellevue, Washington
Thursday, July 14, 1949
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Mother:
Just a note to send along with Stella. I want to tell you too that we are all enjoying our aprons that you brought us from Portland.
Sounds like Helen will be here next week. Whatever day she comes (perhaps on Friday if she leaves Wednesday) anyway I can meet her and bring her to Bellevue and then thought perhaps you folks could come down later to get her. If so I'd like to have you and Pop come for dinner if you possibly can. Let me know what day she plans to come and what time you can make it down so I'll know when to plan the dinner. Maybe after Helen has had a good visit up there she will come back to see us.
Have you seen Mrs. Thomas - and did you get the hat. I've wished so many times that I had it. I hope too that I can get up to see her one of these days and have a talk with her about coming back this fall. I wouldn't expect her to come before the girls are back in school. She worked too hard anyway. With all our company that we are going to have it is just as well to wait.
I may bring Donna home next weekend. She will have been here a month. She is a lovely girl and we like her a lot but feel that when I'm away so much I should have an older person who can take the responsibility of the family and if I'm going to be home while company is with us I won't need anyone.
Stella can tell you more.
The Benson's and my girl's are having a wonderful time. Soon they will have the Carlson's too to play with. Hope you can get down for dinner the day Helen arrives. Let me know.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading