Wednesday, October 29, 2008

394 3/18/1939 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Saturday, March 18, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

My dear Helen,
You have been neglected very much this week. Can’t remember when I did write to you last.
Tuesday I went to Seattle with Mr. and Mrs. Swain. He had to go to Everett on business. Mrs. S. and I went to a noon lecture on C.S. Afterward went up to Miss Auld’s Hotel and was there about an hour before Mr. S. called for us.
Tuesday night Papa and Jim went to the game here. It was supposed to be the last game of the season. Instead the games were tied three ways. So Buckley, Highline and Enumclaw have to play it off. Enumclaw lost to Highline Thursday night at Auburn. Pop and Jim went tonight. Buckley and Highline play at Auburn and of course our boys are going down again.
Wednesday afternoon Mrs. Timm, Jack, Jim and I went to Tacoma so the boys could take their driver’s test and get a driver’s license. Both passed so Jim was plenty happy.
Mrs. Swain came down last night while the men were working at the store. Jim had to go to school to practice. He is going to start taking music lessons next week on his clarinet. He is in some musical contest at the University April 14th. I sent his instrument into Seattle yesterday to have it repadded.
We are having beautiful weather. I wish I had time to go out and work in the yard. I have some violets in bloom now.
I got your letter mailed Monday March 13th and the letter was dated March 20th. You were a week ahead of time. Just noticed it so have to tell you.
Gladys will soon be in Minneapolis again. They should be out here in about three weeks.
I am glad the wedding you went to was so nice and that you got home so easily.
Where do Russ and Viv live now?
I am sure Mrs. Pope’s chicken dinner tasted good to you and Wally. Hope Eden is feeling alright by now. She is lucky to have someone do her washing for her.
Hope Dorothy Fernstad comes thru with her baby this time. She has never been very strong looking. Perhaps has always worked too hard.
Elmer no doubt someday will have a good government job. They are calling men all the time. I am sure he will get something when he is thru school.
No, Gladys has never seen Bernice. Stella was over yesterday with her. She is growing so fast. Wants to jump and stand on her feet. We put her on the floor and she sits up perfectly.
I must write Gladys a line and then get to work. Will write over the weekend.
Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading