Friday, November 28, 2008

101 6/3/1947 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota
Tuesday, June 03, 1947
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
By the time you get this you will be back together again. I hope you had a nice trip back Mother. I felt awful when I found your comb on my dresser. What did you do about your hair on the train? Jimmy really felt bad about your leaving, Mother. He thought about you all day. Right after we left the house for the depot some woman called you, Mother. They told Mrs. Carlson who it was but she couldn't understand the name so I have no idea who it could be. I wish they had left a telephone number.
Bob has had a quarrel with his girl and hopes now he can break the engagement. He just doesn't want to get married so I'm encouraging him to finish school. He liked you Mother. He said you were so easy to talk with. Of course Mrs. Carlson thought you were wonderful and talks about you all the time.
Tomorrow I am going over to Clara's to stay with her children in the morning while she gets a permanent. Elmer thinks she had a lot of nerve to ask me to stay in the afternoon too after I offered to stay in the morning.
Today I built the kids a sandbox in the back yard and then went out to the Richfield yards out on 60th and got two bags of that nice soft white sand. Mary and Jimmy are crazy about it and played in the sandbox the rest of the day.
My cold is much better, thank goodness. I would have been better company without it Mother but I'm so glad you got to see so many people.
I'm trying to get a date for Bob Saturday night. I sure hope I can get a cute girl for him to cheer him up.
Your watch is all fixed and I will get it tomorrow night as I am going over to Selma's then since Elmer works late. Al said it had too much oil in it. Selma sold me the beds so we will put one up right away for Jimmy. I'm going to buy her coffee table too. I surely am sorry the glass of yours didn't get fixed while I was still there. Can't you get Jim to take it down some day. Pop, I hope you got along O.K. at the store and at home. Try and get a little rest now.
Goodnight for now folks and more soon.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading