Wednesday, October 29, 2008

382 2/12/1939 Sadie Erwin to Helen Erwin

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Sunday, February 12, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

My dear Helen,
It is after ten. We just came home from Stella’s where Papa and I have been playing cards with them this evening. Jim had the car and drove out to see Vivian.
Stella will work again tomorrow.
Our papers show you have just had a cold spell and the temperature went down to 24° below. Here we thought 19° above was plenty cold. Our snow did not last. The rain came and brought much warmer weather. The following morning it was 40° above.
This afternoon Papa and I drove up into the hills. It looks wintry enough up there.
Everything went along fine and dandy the day of our study club (Friday). Now, I am working on the committee for the P.T.A. this week Thursday evening. After that some of my outside work will be over with I hope.
Jimmie went to Kent Friday night and played basketball. Both teams won, 1st and 2nd. Stella and I went to the show that night and saw Jeanette McDonald and Nelson Eddy in, “Sweethearts.”
Hope everything is all right with you and that the cold weather was not too hard on you folks. Can’t say I would enjoy it so cold.
I wonder how long Mrs. Ellsworth plans to stay in California. She should wait until your cold weather is over before going home at least. Will write more tomorrow. Much love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading