Wednesday, December 3, 2008

247 5/3/1950 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Wednesday, May 03, 1950
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Ruth and Gary left this morning about eleven o'clock for Virginia, Minnesota. I told her to call me when she arrived and she called at 4:15 so she made very good time. She said there was quite a lot of snow there. She is not coming back until Monday as I guess they had made plans for her. Jim's letter to Ruth came in the afternoon mail so I forwarded it to Ruth. She should get it by Friday. Our weather was warmer today but still cloudy and it also rained off and on.
Last night I had three tables of bridge. Mostly neighborhood women. I did have Viola too. She wants all of us over for dinner when you are here but I told her I wasn't making any plans for you until you got here.
Everyone likes Ruth. Elmer worked last night. Ruth couldn't get Gary to sleep and the guests started coming. It looked as though Ruth wouldn't get to play so I went upstairs with Gary and covered him up and gave him his gun. Then I told Gary that his mother was going to play cards and she couldn't come up and I told him he must go to sleep and not even call us. Then I told him how good he was and he kissed me goodnight and I turned around and came downstairs. Every step I took, though, I expected him to say, "where's mommy." Anyway, he went right to sleep and slept through all the noise that twelve women can make and he didn't wake up until morning.
You should get here about Tuesday if you leave Sunday night. We are so anxious to see you. If it is possible with your short time I'll have to have a bunch over one night or I'll never be forgiven. We'll see though how things line up when you get here.
We miss Jim. Wish he could have stayed longer. More later and we'll see you soon.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading