Saturday, November 1, 2008

404 12/26/1939 Gladys Dahlstrom to Helen Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Hotel Guyon, 4000 Washington Blvd, Chicago, Illinois
Tuesday, December 26, 1939
Helen Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Helen,

I have two letters from you to answer.

Glad you had a nice trip out. You certainly have made it often. You will be knowing all the stops and everything else by heart.

I think it's swell the girls gave you a shower and also swell that you received the toaster from the office.

Mrs. D. makes me cross. We have written at least once every week since we came to Chicago. What more does she expect? If she keeps hollering, I won't write to her at all. She never writes herself, it is always Ralph that does it all for them.

I went out to Polly's Sunday. In the afternoon we went out to the zoo. Toward evening we drove around to see all the homes decorated and the beautiful lighted yards.

I came home yesterday afternoon. I had a very nice day but it didn't seem a bit like Christmas. The weather was like spring. No, we have no snow yet.

I can't imagine Bill going back to Audrey. He is a darn fool. I bet it won't last long.

I sure wish I could see the baby. Did you notice much change in her?

Jim sure is having a good time.

You surely have heard from Elmer by now. He said in the letter I got from him he didn't think that job will last so long. I wonder where he will go from there?

I feel sort of sorry for Faye. It was a shame, especially when she and Hank had gone together so long. They had plenty of nerve to have a big church wedding.

I sure hope you can find work. It would give you something to do besides making a little money while you are out there.

The boys lost two terrible games. In NY the score was 7 - 1 and in Boston last night they lost 6 - 3. Cully got a goal tho so that helps. I bet they will make more changes now -- probably get rid of our goalie.

I'm all set to go to Detroit Thurs. and that darn Inglis won't send the papers. I can't get the car without them. He sure is a rotten business man. Write soon and Love to the whole family. Gladys

PS Gosh, I'm a dandy -- almost forgot to thank you for the lovely Christmas package. The black slip sure is swell -- so fancy too. Cully liked his socks very much. They are such nice wool ones. You didn't get very much from us but I will make up for it later.

Tell Stella I will write to her next. We surely did have a nice Christmas.

I wish you would be out there until spring -- when we get there. Maybe Elmer's next job will be in Washington. That would be wonderful.

How do you like Mother's new coat? Must close and get a letter written to Cully. Thanks a lot. Bye, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading