Monday, October 27, 2008

339 9/14/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Route 3, Wayzata, Minnesota
Wednesday, September 14, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
It looks as though we will have a nice day. It rained all day yesterday and last night.
As soon as I can get ready I’m going down town to meet Lucy (Vi’s future sister-in-law) to buy my shoes for the wedding. I have lots of little jobs to attend to also.
Woodfills were out last night. We had a nice visit and they left about 10. I didn’t offer to fix a lunch because I didn’t have anything to fix. I hope it was alright. They said they would like to hear from you folks.
Tomorrow night Cully is going out to a stag dinner given for the ball team. I will go to a shower on Irene Larsen at Della’s. Irene is the girl that was out west that we tried to see on the boat in Seattle, but missed. She is being married the 19th.
Mother, how is your watch? Does it still run okay – and do you ever wear it? I asked Helen and she said she didn’t see you wear it at all.
Woodfills are driving to Cleveland the 28th and will stay a couple of weeks. I think they miss Frances a lot. She wants me to come to stay with her when Cully is away.
I was going to play golf this morning with Wally but decided to wait until next week.
I don’t know what to buy Vi for a wedding present. I’ve got to get it soon too. We will have to spend about $5.00 I suppose because I’m sure she spent about that on us.
I guess I’ll have to rush this time but will write more soon. Cully plans to work just 1 more week after this one. He still hasn’t heard from the Blackhawks but expects to any day. It would be funny if they trained in St. Paul this year.
I have to call the club girls soon to invite them to the shower. Maybe I can start today.
Mother, are you going to be able to buy a new coat this fall? If you do – don’t get brown this time.
Love to all, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading