Tuesday, December 2, 2008

206 2/18/1949 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Friday, February 18, 1949
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Elmer just left for work and the children are still sleeping so I will see how much I can get written to you.
Yesterday the temperature got up to 35 above so seemed like spring. Peach Jackson came in from Lake Minnetonka with her husband when he went to work and spent the day with me. She had her three-year old little girl with her so Mary had some one to play with. Jimmy came home from school feeling bad again. He was sick all night but is sleeping good right now. I'm going to call a Practitioner this morning. Jimmy has a fever and awful sore throat so I don't know what is wrong. His nose is stuffed up too and he didn't have a sign of a cold when he went to school yesterday. We have had so little sickness ever since we've been married that I don't like to have it start in now.
Tonight I'm invited over to Leila Woodfill's house to the sewing club. I would love to go and sure hate to miss it but believe I will call today and say I can't come. Even if Jimmy is O.K. I would kind of like to spend the evening with Elmer as again he worked Tuesday and Thursday nights and went to school Wednesday night. After supposing to have another spring day today the temperature is expected to drop down to below zero tonight.
I was over to Mabel Bray's for lunch Wednesday. Doris Ducret was along too and we had a nice afternoon.
I will see Rose Sunday and tell her about Justin. I feel sorry for Mabel too. Christian Science is just exactly what she needs. Will she study it or not. According to the doctors is her voice supposed to come back or is it gone on account of the operation.
There is a Helen Robinson listed in the Journal that may be Helen Emerson. She lives on 33rd and Colfax. I may call her and ask because I can't get a hold of Rose during the day.
Elmer and I are both hoping that Stella and Harold do not leave Enumclaw. At least not sell their house. They have it so nice there and so nice for the girls.
Oh, yes the valentines. Thank you very, very much. You saved the day for Jimmy. I had forgotten how much the amount of valentines children received meant to them but one kid in Jimmy's room got one more than Jimmy did and then yours came which made him even with the other kid so he was very happy and both Mary and Jimmy just love to get mail. The verses on your valentines were so nice too.
Well Jimmy is awake now. He says he feels better except his throat is so sore. Mary is still sleeping and it is almost nine o'clock.
I hope you are both fine.
With Love, Helen
By next year St. Louis Park expects to have a population of twenty thousand. Seems unbelievable doesn't it.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading