Saturday, November 1, 2008

412 12/22/1941 Sadie Erwin to Helen Carlson

Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Monday, December 22, 1941
Helen Carlson
605 Nichols, Waycross, Georgia

My dear Helen,
The mailman came and brought two nice letters from you. One written Friday and the other Thursday. I’ll write some now and more tonight.
Miss Keith passed away early Sunday morning. Her funeral is to be Wednesday.
Jimmie and I are just going to have a glass of lemon sour. Since talking over things with us he has decided to return to school and finish the year out, if possible. I am sure everything will work out alright for us all.
It will be grand if Bob can spend Christmas with you and Elmer. It will make you all feel good and not so alone.
I wish I could come down there to see you. It must be lovely there now. I did not send you any holly because you mentioned the holly trees there in the south. Hope now you have some for Christmas.
Saturday a letter came from the Post for Papa. On the envelope it said, do not open until Xmas. So I laid it away and put it with his gifts. Today your package and Glady’s came.
The kids will have dinner with us. Harold works from 6 to 2. So we can eat by 2:30, I think. We ordered two chickens ($4.00) that should taste good. Wish you and Elmer could be here with us.
Jimmie is waiting to go to town so will stop now.
Much love, Mother.
P.S.
We had a greeting from Wally. He is in San Francisco.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading