Saturday, November 1, 2008

795 10/8/1941 Elmer Carlson to Helen Carlson

Elmer Carlson
316 Glenn Bldg, Atlanta, Georgia
Wednesday, October 08, 1941
Helen Carlson
3409 Fremont Ave. South, Minneapolis 8, Minnesota

Dear Helen,
I just got home from work so I thought perhaps if I wrote and mailed this right away, you would get it before you left Minneapolis. I received the two letters, you wrote on the train, today. The funny part is that the one you wrote first I got in the afternoon while the one you wrote from Chicago, I received in the morning.
I do miss you a lot honey, but I’m going to get along all right. Monday and Tuesday nights I listened to all of the radio programs and read the paper until I fell asleep. Tonight, perhaps I will go see a show if I see a good one.
I am now planning to leave for Okefenokee next Sunday. Recroft hasn’t received his check yet so he asked me if I cared if I drove down Sunday with him, and that is all right with me.
I bought a ticket for the Notre Dame – Georgia Tech football game, Saturday, from a man who works in the next office. He had three and then had gotten three better ones so he sold me one of the poor ones. However, it isn’t such a bad seat, and I’m anxious to see Notre Dame play once. $3.00 is pretty expensive, though.
I hope that you are having a swell time, and that you say hello to everyone for me. Dunbar still thinks he is going to Panama if they offer him the job. Bruce drove Recroft’s car to the show yesterday and parked it on a yellow line so when he drove away the police picked him up and took him to the station. They weren’t going to let him out unless he paid $6.00 bond but I guess Ray talked them out of that. However, this morning he had to go down and they fined him $4.00. I guess I had better obey all the laws and regulations around here.
I still love you most, darling. Write to me soon.
Elmer

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading