Thursday, October 23, 2008

286 12/9/1936 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wednesday, December 09, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
We got a nice long letter from you today. I'm glad to hear you got the cabin back. That was really my ideal place and I could enjoy sitting all day long just watching the river. I hope you still have it next summer.
Last night Elmer and I went out to the Boulevard and saw Jane Withers in "Pepper". It is a cute show. I was glad I didn't go over to Elmer's house Monday night because Tuesday I worked until 7:30 to 6:15 but felt swell because I had gotten over 10 hours sleep. I worked until quarter to six today. I am going to bed early tonight and tomorrow night Elmer is going to take me around to look for apartments. I'll be so glad to move because I hate Wally so much I can hardly speak to him. I like Adelyn, though, and half the time she thinks Wally is crazy too.
It was warmer out today but snowed quite hard for a while.
That was a nice Christmas present Stella gave you, mother. Selma is going to send you a Christmas card, Stella, so be sure and send her one. I'll send you her address next time but I can't think of it now.
Peaches just called and I've been talking to her for a while. She wanted me to go out to the show with her but I didn't want to. When I speak of "out to the show" I mean the Boulevard. Chuck works there so of course that's the only show to all the kids.
Everyone is going out tonight so I'll be able to sleep swell. Gee it's awful the way I like to sleep but I guess it doesn't hurt me any.
I just got through talking to Addie. We talked about 20 minutes. I've taken a bath and am all ready for bed but our little radio is working so swell I hate to turn it off so I will listen to it a while and still get plenty of sleep.
Mother, don't day dream too much about 521 because I know you will finally get homesick.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading