Sunday, November 9, 2008

500 6/13/1943 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
401 Alexander, Monroe, Louisiana
Sunday, June 13, 1943
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I just put Jimmie to bed so will write to you now. I was hoping in this letter I would have some news to tell you but so far nothing except Elmer will be all through here the 24th which is just a few days off. We haven’t heard from the White River but every day I keep hoping we will get a letter. If Elmer stays with Kellogg we will be going to Lake Charles. That was swell of Glad to take Elmer’s letter down to the office. I’ll write to her soon and tell her so. I bet Jeannie is getting big. The snapshot Glad sent me is awfully good and the baby is darling.
This afternoon Jimmie and I went swimming. Elmer wanted to go too but on account of all the soldiers he couldn’t get a locker so he just watched us. The water in the pool was almost hot so Jimmie loved it. He doesn’t like it in the mornings when it is still cool.
Morning
I stopped last night because it got too dark out on the porch and if we turn the light on so many bugs come in.
Annie is here this morning washing curtains and everything so I can put them away. I have to take the car to the garage and have it gone over. We’ll know by Wednesday what we are going to do about staying with Kellogg.
It’s not eight o’clock yet and terribly hot already. Must stop now.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading