Friday, November 28, 2008

780 10/14/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio
Monday, October 14, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert and Jimmie,
I arrived in Columbus last night about 6. I wondered what I was going to do with my baggage. When I walked up the stairs there was a young man. He asked me if I was Mrs. Erwin. Here it was Paul, Eleanor’s husband. He works in Columbus. He was through work at 3, but waited for me. We had to wait about half an hour for the baggage to come up. While we waited we had a sandwich and coffee at the lunch counter. We then drove to their place, 20 mile out. Eleanor had supper ready. Then they took the three children and brought me here to Ben’s. Eleanor’s fourth child is staying here with Roma.
Roma was so glad I had come. She is worn out taking care of Ben. He still doesn’t know me, but today he keeps looking at me as though he is trying to recall who I am. He seems to rest more comfortably now and Roma feels he is better. She wants nothing but Science so does not give him the medicine the doctor left. She has a lot of faith and understands a lot for the short time she has been studying. She broke down and cried when I came, and today has said several times how much better she feels to have me here.
Now it seems very right to me that I have come. Hope you boys are getting along fine, and you are, I am sure.
With love, Sadie.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading