Saturday, October 25, 2008

317 3/2/1937 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
1912 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minn.
Tuesday, March 02, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I’m on my lunch hour again so will get this mailed this noon. I was awfully sorry to hear about the accident you were in mother. I hope you weren’t hurt any more than you said. Do you feel pretty good by now?
It was just like spring out last night. Elmer had to go to school so Eden and Wally and I went for a walk.
Last night I didn’t lock our door that goes out to the hall from the kitchen. Gladys noticed it wasn’t chained so put the chain on but thought it was locked otherwise. We were in bed and Glad woke me up because someone had opened our door as far as they could with it chained and were trying to get in. We got up and heard that the people across the hall from us were having a party and it must have been someone from there. They were probably drunk. I wonder what they would have done if they had gotten in.
I hope Jimmie you spoke your piece the best. I’m anxious to hear about it.
Well this is about all I have time for this noon but will write more later.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading