Sunday, November 23, 2008

2 6/19/1944 Helen Carlson to Albert Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 1310, Knoxville, Tennessee
Monday, June 19, 1944
Albert Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Pop,
Tonight is Mother's last night to sleep here and I hate to think of her leaving. She has done everything for me and I don't know what I would do without her. She says she will come to see me again next year and you will have to come too.
I hope you haven't been too lonesome and I hope you are feeling good. I like our new house and am so glad Mom has seen it. This reservation where we live is pretty interesting. There are big trailer communities and rows and rows of houses. The heat here is terrible and Mother will really appreciate your nice weather.
I had the nicest letter from Jim today telling us he was in India. He sure is a long way from home.
The baby is so good and sleeps most of the time. Jimmie likes her now but didn't at first.
Our express came today so Elmer is putting some of it away. It's almost ten so I'm getting sleepy but I'll be writing more and it won't be long before Mom is back home with you.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading