Monday, November 17, 2008

593 5/22/1944 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Monday, May 22, 1944
Sadie Erwin
1414 Cole St., Lake Charles, Louisiana

Dear Mother,
Your first nice letter came Saturday and it was so good to hear from you. Perhaps another will come today – if you wrote from Portland. Glad Pop was fine and I know he will continue to be. If he is tired and gets to bed early time will not drag for him either.
Saturday Mabel and I called on Adelyn Pearson and saw 3 of her 4 kids. She is all tired out and has to take a forced vacation starting next week. From there we went by Selma Sleizer’s. She is fine – thin but looks good and her two girls are darling. Our next stop was Dorothy Fernstrom’s. She made coffee and had some good cookies. She gave my girls each a cute sun suit and the biggest surprise of all was the enclosed $5.00 for you for the lawnmower. She said it had bothered her all these years but never had it until now. I told her about your trip to Helen and how it came at a very good time. I then took Mabel home then drove over to St. Paul to call on the Schnable’s and got home at 6 o’clock just in time for dinner. In the evening Helen Jenkins came over and we drove her home about 11:30. I felt I had had a full day. Yesterday we called on Aunt Carrie and Addie. The fellows came home about 5:30 with a nice bunch of fish. About 8:30 Cully and I hiked over to Mabel and Charlie’s and brought them a fish, visited a little, then hiked home again. Tonight and tomorrow night we are going to bed with the kids so we will be good and rested to start for Chicago. We both feel sort of tired from our trip and all the excitement. I wrote to Pop right after we reached Minneapolis and will write him again as soon as I get to Chicago. I do hope our stay at the Guyon will be short.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading