Friday, November 28, 2008

781 10/13/1946 Sadie Erwin to Albert Erwin

Sadie Erwin
Alexandria, Ohio
Sunday, October 13, 1946
Albert Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Albert & Jim,
This train is a rocky, dirty and hot one. Do not know if I can write so you can read this or not. One thing, it is not crowded and I have the seat to myself. I should be into Columbus in another three hours. Will mail this letter there so you will know I have gotten that far. I was the first one to get out of the gate at Chicago. I was at the side of the crowd and a train caller opened a side gate and reached for my ticket. Had to walk a long ways to the train.
After getting out, though, I feel fine. Will be able to work better when I get home again.
Ever since leaving Chicago we have been passing miles and miles of corn fields. Some has been cut, but most of it is standing. It is a lovely fall day. The leaves are all in beautiful colors. I still like Washington best, though.
A man and little girl across the aisle are from Portland. His wife came back to Columbus last week to visit her mother, then got sick and they wired him to come. Will write when I get there.
Love, Mother.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading