Thursday, November 27, 2008

59 4/10/1946 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Star Route, Enumclaw, Washington
Wednesday, April 10, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
We have a new heavy blanket of snow. Don't suppose it will last but we aren't very happy to see it anyway.
I'm real thrilled about going to Portland and Cully says he is sure they can manage very well. You can plan to return just when you want to and not hurry on my account - but if we do come back Saturday night perhaps we could all come up here on Sunday. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to what you said but if that lady from Victoria, Lester, Mrs. Z, Zelda, and you folks are all going I do not see how there will be room for me. If that is the case it is okay too. You could either come up Thursday to let me know or we'd be coming down on Friday anyway to get Jim.
Cully is fine - I just wish he didn't have to keep going back for x-rays, etc. That shouldn't and wouldn't be necessary. I do feel though that he is learning a lot about C.S. and before long will rely on it 100% then just won't stand for any monkey business from any of us. Hope soon we can attend church and Sunday school.
We keep talking and thinking about your store. It really is wonderful. See you Thursday or Friday. Love, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading