Thursday, December 4, 2008

690 7/17/1951 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
4008 Randall Avenue, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis 16, Minnesota
Tuesday, July 17, 1951
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
It is a rainy chilly day this morning and feels just like fall. I have to go out to the store pretty soon and want to mail you a letter then. I received your letter mailed from Portland. It sounded as though you and Ruth had a nice time. Too bad it was so hot. I thought of you folks on June 22nd on your anniversary. I don’t know why I couldn’t have at least gotten a card sent to you. It must have been your 42nd anniversary.
I had a letter from Stella yesterday saying she might come back and buy another car. I sure hope she does. It will be a temptation to ride back with her. I certainly would do all I could to help you while I was at your house. Jim and Mary would be no trouble at all and they sleep late in the mornings so it would be kept quiet there. Our roads in the neighborhood are all dug up now as the sewer is going through. They should be through with it in a week or so.
Last night I went to sewing club. I stopped for Frances and it was her birthday. Bertil had given her 100 one dollar bills. She said if she had had that many last week she probably would have run away. I feel sorry for her. Her house is such a terrible mess and all those kids that she doesn’t have much free time. Her dad was there last night too and whenever I see him he tells me again how swell you folks treated him.
Elmer said he was going to Neah Bay this weekend. He is having a wonderful time and likes it out there and likes all of you.
Vernie didn’t do anything with Jim’s broken front tooth. When he is older he will have to have a gold cap put on it. The nerve isn’t exposed now so he just smoothed it down.
The Aquatennial starts this weekend and lasts for a week so I suppose house hunters will be especially scarce. This seems to be a slow time anyway.
Well Folks I sure hope I’ll see you soon. Elmer says my coming out before the house is sold has to be entirely my decision. I suppose he feels it is not his place to encourage me to hurry out there, when it means you folks will have to put up with me.
I’ll stop for now but will write soon. Dahlstroms are planning on coming out in August. They plan to stay with Ralph. Mr. D. is feeling fine. For awhile he thought he had something wrong with his prostate gland but he is perfectly alright so put Glad straight on that.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading