Thursday, October 23, 2008

289 12/17/1936 Gladys Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, December 17, 1936
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks:
Your package is at last on it's way. I think you had better unwrap the outer paper because besides the gifts there are other things - tree trimmings, dress, and Mrs. S. silverware. I am sure you will get it in time.
The game was swell last night. St. Paul beat Mpls 2-1 in an overtime period. It was real exciting. Afterwards 14 of us went out and danced and of course got home late. I am tired today. The boys left early this morning for Tulsa, Okla. It is over 900 miles and they play there tomorrow night. They won't be back until the 29th. While they are gone they play Tulsa, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Wichita.
Cully brought over a great big box last night that I am not supposed to open until Christmas. Helen and I are both wondering what it can be. Did I tell you I sent a pair of gloves down with Virg for Cully. Virg will give them to him Xmas Eve. He will really be surprised. His coat is navy blue. I got a dark gray glove that has a bluish cast. They should look alright.
I still haven't heard from Bill. It seems awfully funny. I know he is busy but think he could at least send a card.
Tomorrow night we have our Christmas Club Party. We are going to Cornelia's house. She will have a tree and we drew names for 50¢ gifts so should have a lot of fun. I hope I get a ride both ways.
I don't know yet what I am going to get Helen for Christmas. She needs so many things it shouldn't be hard. I think a slip will be one of them.
Are you folks going to spend Christmas Day at home?
Corinne's shower certainly sounded lovely. I bet she was surprised and happy too. Does she hate to move away from home. How about Russell. Has he been seeing her lately. Stella's gift to mother was pretty swell. You will get a lot of use out of them. You seem to be doing a lot of entertaining.
Helen and I have been thinking about flying home for Christmas. If we left here Thursday night we would be there Friday morning. Stay all that day. Saturday and Sunday - leave Sunday night and be back here for work Monday morning. I think the tickets are about $175.00 a piece - round trip. It is too bad we haven't a lot of money.
Well so-long again. Hope you get the package in time before you trim the tree too.
Love, Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading