Thursday, November 6, 2008

459 2/18/1943 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Thursday, February 18, 1943
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I’ve really been busy these last few days and have two letters of yours to answer. This will be a hurried note to let you know I am all set to leave tomorrow morning. Cully was in bed until yesterday afternoon but is feeling fine now. He didn’t play tonight but was able to go to the game. It was a fast, rough game so I was glad to have him up in the stands with me. We lost 5 4 to the Canadiens – which put them only ½ game behind us.
I’m so glad Jim has until March 5th. I’m feeling fine except I am tired and will be glad to get to Minneapolis and then I will be even more happy to get west.
Our box was shipped yesterday and Cully paid the freight here so it will not come collect. It went via Milwaukee Railroad. Hope it gets there soon.
Well folks I will mail this when I get off the train in Minneapolis. Then you will know I reached there safe and sound and will write you again in a day or so.
Love to all, Gladys.
Saturday
Arrived at 7:15 last night. Ruthie wouldn’t eat or sleep on the train so was plenty tired and cross. I was glad to get in but didn’t mind the trip at all. I called the Northern Pacific station this morning and will go down in a few minutes to get my ticket. I’m going Tourist – lower berth for $58.07. I don’t think that is so bad. Due in at East Auburn at 7:45 Sunday morning the 28th. I leave here at 9:10 Friday morning. Cully hated to see us go but will get along fine. The time will go by fast as the boys are on the road so much.
Will write again soon. I know my week here will fly. Mabel and Charlie are coming over after me tonight. Clara, Vernie and Ad will be over there too.
Love, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading