Wednesday, October 29, 2008

371 12/22/1938 Gladys Dahlstrom to Helen Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Hotel Guyon, 4000 Washington Blvd, Chicago, Illinois
Thursday, December 22, 1938
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Helen,
Your nice letter came today. Your package arrived yesterday. Cully had to hurry and take off all the brown paper. It’s a good thing there was something in there for him as he would have been terribly disappointed. He acts like a lttle kid. He can’t figure out what you sent him.
We are going to open our things Friday night because the boys leave Saturday. I don’t know yet what I’ll be doing Xmas day but I really do not care very much. We have a little tree. I think it is real cute. We have just 8 lights, some icicles and 18 colored balls. Some of the kids here really go in for Christmas in a big way. The kids are getting expensive electric trains, etc.
Cully and I might buy a movie camera. Gee, I hope so. Will be swell to get pictures of the folks and our trip west.
Cully bought a swell new dark green overcoat. It certainly looks nice on him.
Tomorrow night we are going to have a big chicken dinner and invite a couple of the single boys over.
Where are you going for Christmas day? You told me once.
Did you get my package? Keep the extra money and I’ll send you more our next payday.
Write soon and excuse the short note. Merry Christmas.
Love, Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading