Saturday, November 1, 2008

398 9/8/1939 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Friday, September 08, 1939
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I’ll start a letter to you again but maybe I’ll have to stop and finish it after lunch. I had planned to go downtown this noon but it has gotten so cold out and I didn’t wear a coat this morning so I am going to stay in this noon.
Glad came over last night and brought the pictures. I think they are the best pictures. I want to get a copy of every one of them.
You folks look so nice and Jim certainly is a good-looking boy. I am anxious to look at the pictures again tonight. Gladys left them for me.
She certainly does hate living at Dahlstrom’s. I don’t blame her at all because I know just how Mrs. D. is. I hope she doesn’t have to stay there very long. If they are going to be in Minneapolis this winter they should live by themselves.
Elmer is going to miss work tomorrow morning and take another Civil Service exam. It is going to take all day. He only works until 12:30 anyway on Saturdays. He was going to tell them at work today he wouldn’t be down tomorrow. He was wondering what to tell them because he doesn’t want them to know why. Maybe he will get a job in Washington. They can be sent anywhere on government jobs.
Cully came over for Gladys about 10 o’clock and Mabel and Charlie came back from work. The kids stayed until about 11 o’clock. Gladys talked to Charlie a long time about his mother and it makes him feel awfully good to know that she knows you folks.
It was fun going through the mill yesterday. We didn’t get back to the office until 3:30 so only had an hour left to work.
Does Grandma know when she is leaving yet. I suppose it will be sometime this month. I don’t think we will be having any more real hot weather this summer so it won’t be bad now.
Well I’ll have to stop again because it is almost lunch time.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading