Wednesday, October 29, 2008

390 3/10/1939 Gladys Dahlstrom to Helen Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
Hotel Guyon, 4000 Washington Blvd, Chicago, Illinois
Friday, March 10, 1939
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Helen,
Thank you for the nice letter. I know I should write to you more often but really I do keep terribly busy and seem to have an awful time writing letters.
The boys lost again last night. It looks as though they will not get into the playoffs now. Sunday will be the last game here but they still have 3 on the road. I may drive down to Detroit with one of the girls to see the last game (March 19). We expect to stay around Chicago only a couple days and then leave. We should be in Minneapolis Thursday night, March 23rd. I’ll call you and hope I can see you that night. We will probably go down to the Candy Bar.
It was news about Jim and Zora – also Harriet and Corky. Nice though for them.
Cully says he’d like to have you go west with us if you feel you can. We surely could have a good time – think it over.
Helen Johnson is a fool. I can just hear her yelling at Virg. I wonder how she will be to me. I don’t care one way or the other but it will be fun to see how she acts.
We went to a swell party Tuesday night and didn’t get home until late. Wednesday night Evelyn and I went for a nice long hike and then stopped in a nice place and had dinner. Tonight we are going to fry chicken and then go to a show. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner with a whole gang. Sunday is the game and Monday the boys leave. Next week I’m going to two luncheons and to two dinners besides going to the Athletic Club 3 days and my swing lesson on Friday. I also have to start packing so I’ll be more than busy. I’m making my afghan and it is coming along swell.
Mother bought a new coat and hat. I’m sure glad she has it. I’m anxious to see it. I’m also so anxious to see Stella’s baby. She must be getting awfully cute now.
The last time Cully was in New York he bought me a cute compact. He sure is a swell fellow. Helen, I think he gets nicer every day. We get along just fine and have so much fun.
Well, I’ll close again but will be seeing you real soon. I’ll want to see you as much as possible because our time will be short in Minneapolis. We expect to stay only about 2 weeks.
Study hard. Tell Elmer “Hello” and love from us both.
Gladys

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading