Saturday, November 1, 2008

796 10/13/1941 Elmer Carlson to Helen Carlson

Elmer Carlson
316 Glenn Bldg, Atlanta, Georgia
Monday, October 13, 1941
Helen Carlson
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Darling Helen,
I received two letters from you today and one from Florence. I have really enjoyed hearing all about your stay in Minneapolis. You must have had rather a hectic time there, but I’ll bet it was fun. By this time you should nearly be in Washington, I suppose. I hope that you and Betty are having a lot of fun and not getting too tired. I suppose Betty is a little bit excited about seeing Andy.
By the way, I received those papers from Bill Pugh so the old car is all paid for officially, at last. I also got that insurance pass book back. So, you can throw away any money order receipts you have. I finally got my laundry to that place across the street, this morning. I was supposed to get it back tonight, but it wasn’t ready. Fortunately it doesn’t make any difference, and I can get it tomorrow. Now we are planning to leave Atlanta sometime Wednesday. I don’t care now when we leave because I like it here in Atlanta. I get swell meals, and the radio works swell at night. I haven’t seen or spoken to any pretty girls yet so you needn’t worry about me. I decided to take the trunk with me instead of the cardboard suitcase because that is beginning to look pretty fragile so I transferred everything yesterday afternoon. I can’t think of anything else new that I know.
I know something that I’ve known for quite a while, honey. That is that I love you billions and billions, and I always shall. I wish I were with you, darling, but I am getting along all right so don’t worry about me. I’ll probably worry more about you. I’m anxious to hear how you feel and how the trip was. Tell your folks and everyone that I wish I could be with you and see them all and that I’ll get there sometime.
I love you awfully much and miss you terribly much, especially at night.
Love, Elmer

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading