Wednesday, October 29, 2008

373 12/27/1938 Jim Erwin to Helen Erwin

Jim Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington
Tuesday, December 27, 1938
Helen Erwin
5201 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Dear Helen,
I had a perfect Christmas. Everything I got I needed and wanted. The sweater was swell. Everybody is wearing that kind. The ski pants you and Gladys got me was about the best present I got. They kept me so warm yesterday skiing. The water doesn’t even come through them.
I got 2 pair of stockings, a headband for skiing, earmuffs, ski pants, sweater, scarf, wool mittens, canvas gloves and a shaving set. I sure had a swell Christmas. The 2 dollars you sent me for buying presents sure helped me a lot.
Yesterday when we went skiing everybody was trying the biggest hill there. Jack and I went up and tried it. We both made it, boy did it make us feel good because nobody could make it. I have a swell ski outfit now, I have practically everything anybody could want for skiing.
I hope you had a swell Christmas and wish you could have been here to enjoy ours.
Yours truly,
Jim

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading