Saturday, November 1, 2008

397 9/7/1939 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, September 07, 1939
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
It isn’t lunch time yet but I’m going to start a letter to you. We are going through the mill [Gold Medal Flour division of General Mills] today so don’t have to come back to the office after lunch. I’ve always wanted to go through the mill and they are taking us through in different groups and today I go.
Last night after work I met Selma and went shopping with her. She feels pretty bad because Al’s mother and all his sisters won’t speak to her. They are all mad because they got married the way they did without telling anyone and they think it is Selma’s fault. Al was the one who wanted it that way. Selma didn’t. I met Elmer afterwards and we drove out to Lake Minnetonka to see Peach. I don’t see her very often now that she doesn’t go with Chuck. She is coming to the shower I’m having for Selma.
I talked to Glad today. She is going to come over tonight.
Mabel is still working and feels fine. She is half-way now.
Tell Stella I saw Harry Jacobson the other night and he said she was still his best girl.
I have to go now but will write again tomorrow.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading