Thursday, November 27, 2008

70 6/5/1946 Helen Carlson to Sadie Erwin

Helen Carlson
Box 281, Sparta Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee
Wednesday, June 05, 1946
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
The package came Monday and both Mary and Jimmie are crazy about the little dishes. They still have the silverware you sent Mary so have lots of fun. They also love the sun glasses and wear them most of the time. Thanks for sending the presents. They love getting surprises.
Glad certainly sent Mary a big box of clothes the other day. Everyone should have at least one little girl because it is so much fun dressing them up and fixing their hair and everything.
I had a baby announcement from Dorothy GeisenKatter today. She had a baby girl born the 20th of May so I know she is happy.
We got the three hundred miles put on the car so I took it to the garage today as they wanted to check on the motor. It sure runs swell.
My pictures of Mary and Jimmie still haven't come so I am getting worried. I paid him $13.50 in a check written out to his name. A couple weeks ago I wrote to the studio in Cookeville but haven't heard from them so am wondering if there is such a place. Elmer is going to check on it tomorrow and if there is something fishy about it I am going to report it to the police. He told another woman down the road that he was from a different place so it sounds funny.
How is the store going? Can you folks get meat? I can still get what I want here and could send you a ham if you would like it. Elmer's sister said meat is very scarce in Minneapolis. Bread is hard to get so when I can't get it I make baking powder biscuits. I don't mind going without things if it means keeping people from starving in Europe. I showed Jimmie a picture in the magazine of a little boy in Europe who was hungry so now he eats his bread crusts and doesn't want to waste anything either.
Well Folks I better stop again as it is getting late and thanks very, very much for the nice set of dishes and the glasses. I'll write more later.
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading