Saturday, October 25, 2008

297 1/7/1937 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
4207 Grand Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, January 07, 1937
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
I'm going to start a letter to you now while I am on my lunch hour. I got another raise today. It will start in next payday. Now, instead of getting 26.40 every two weeks, I will get 28.80. That makes 2 raises I've had so that makes me feel a little better.
Well, it's your birthday today, Jimmie, and I've been thinking of you all morning long. I wish I was out there but the winter will go by fast. It was 10 below this morning. It didn't seem so cold to me, though, but I guess it was because there was no wind.
Last night I went over to Peaches's house and got my dress all cut out. I guess I will go over Saturday after work and sew on it. Chuck and Elmer came over there when Chuck got through working. We had a good time.
Glad and I had a nice letter from Grandma yesterday. They are all well and had an nice Christmas. I am going to write to her right away.
I have worked from 7:30 to quarter to six every day, except 2 days last week, for the past month. I think there will be only about one more week of it and then the hours will be early.
Well, Jim, I hope you had a happy birthday and Pop and Mother did you get rid of your colds?
Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading