Monday, October 27, 2008

334 7/29/1938 Helen Erwin to Sadie Erwin

Helen Erwin
1912 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minn.
Friday, July 29, 1938
Sadie Erwin
1120 Cole St., Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
This will just have to be a note again but I want you to get a letter Saturday. Last night Gladys dropped around. Elmer and I were going to go to the game but it started too early so we didn’t go. Next Tuesday night after work Eden, Selma, Wally and Elmer and I are going out to Gladys’ place for dinner. Eden is going to bring a meat loaf as she planned before so Glad won’t have quite so much to do. I wish just Elmer and I were going out but the other kids want to go.
Last night Elmer and I drove over to the airport and watched the big plane come in from Seattle. I’m just hoping that I will get to ride all the way through and it will make it so much easier for you to meet me that way. I will be sure and let you know just what to do, though, before I get there.
I’m glad, Pop, you got your vacation when you did. That is just the right time.
That certainly is terrible about Duard Patterson. He is the first one in that big family to leave them isn’t he. Do you know if Mr. Patterson is still living with them?
I hope Stella is feeling fine now. She said her baby is the cutest thing she has ever seen. I certainly am anxious to see her. I can’t believe that I leave a week from tomorrow. I hope I can ride in the plane because it will save me a lot of money.
Well this is awfully short but I will have to run over to the post office and get it mailed.
I see Elmer every night now and don’t have much time to do anything.
With Love, Helen

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading