Thursday, November 27, 2008

58 10/4/1945 Gladys Dahlstrom to Sadie Erwin

Gladys Dahlstrom
907 29th Avenue South, Minneapolis 6, Minnesota
Thursday, October 04, 1945
Sadie Erwin
Box 44, Enumclaw, Washington

Dear Folks,
Today was a beautiful Indian summer day. I hope the weather stays this way for a while.
We are still resting up. I have gone to bed at 8:30 every night so far - haven't seen anyone but take a nap every afternoon with Jeannie. I should get rested up soon.
Ruthie goes to morning kindergarten now. I took her over Tuesday. She didn't like it at first but now that she is getting acquainted it is okay.
Tomorrow we are going over to Mabel's in the afternoon then Ruthie will take a dancing lesson with Mary Lee. We will stay for dinner then come home early for bed. Plan to spend all day Saturday with Helen Johnson. The kids will have fun there.
I just called Lois - talked to Mrs. Overton too. I'm going over there next Wednesday.
Haven't heard from Cully yet but expect a letter tomorrow or Saturday. They keep the boys awfully busy and they do get pretty tired. The training is very rigid. He didn't get there until Tuesday night.
I wrote to Aunt Ruth to see if it would be convenient for her to have us visit her. I'm sure she will answer right away. It would break up my stay here to be away for a weekend.
I have the car so would be a good time to make the trip. We could drive over to see the other folks from there. Do you have Agnes Close's address? I believe she lives at Hamel, Minnesota. I might look her up if I stay long enough. I sure hope I do not get stuck here too long. I hope to get back to Chicago and settled by the first hockey game. I told Aunt Ruth I'd be able to come either the weekend of the 13th or 20th.
Received your nice letter yesterday though you addressed it to 9 instead of 907. The number is just like our Chicago address by dropping one 0. (907 and 9007)
Have you heard from Jim? Sounds to me like he might be on his way home - or at least he must have left India.
I believe Gossards expect to be home by November 1st. They are having quite a trip. She mentioned going to Boston too.
Well, I will take a bath and get to bed. Grandma said she'd walk up to mail this so it will go out tonight.
More soon. Write when you can.
Love Gladys.

No comments:

Search Letters Here

Loading